Overworked, stressed and lacking energy even in the bedroom? Well, here's the good news: one of the best ways get back your bounce is by having sex.
You see, it's a bit of a vicious circle stress, fatigue and depression can reduce your sexual energy, but having sex can work wonders at restoring those energy levels. So, what are you waiting for?
What causes reduced sexual energy?
There is a long list of psychological and physical reasons why someone loses their sex drive, including:
- Stress or fatigue
- Sexual abuse or trauma
- Body-image issues
- Lack of interest/attraction to partner
- Sexual performance anxiety
- Waning testosterone levels in both men and women
- The effects of prescription medication
- Lifestyle factors, such as diet and exercise
- Attractiveness of partner
There is a whole host of remedies for treating a dwindling sex drive, including counselling to deal with psychological issues; an exercise regime and diet overhaul to address lifestyle factors; herbal supplements; meditation and even feng shui.
If your lack of sexual energy stems from past trauma, anxiety, feelings of depression or other emotional or psychological issues, the first step should be to seek help. Talking to a counsellor or doctor may help alleviate the associated stress.
Too tired for any bedroom activity? Late nights, no exercise and a poor diet may be to blame. Try cutting back on alcohol and cutting out cigarettes they're a big no-no for the boys as smoking causes clogged arteries, which restrict the amount of blood that is transported to the penis.
Diet is another lifestyle factor worth considering. Try restricting your intake of saturated fats, sugary foods, caffeine and processed foods. Instead, fill up on plenty of fresh vegetables and fish.
- L-Argentine: this herbal hero promises peak sexual performance for men by making sure enough nitric oxide is secreted in order to keep blood flowing to the penis.
- L-Tyrosine: a good one for both sexes. L-Tyrosine supports and assists the neurotransmitters in the brain that are responsible for triggering sexual response. When the body is tired, aged or stressed, the availability of L-Tyrosine is depleted.
- Gingko bilbao: known for centuries to increase sexual desire, gingko bilbao improves the flow of blood to the brain. For the boys, this is also another one that helps to prevent clogged arteries and helps ensure blood is flowing to the penis.
Different forms of meditation and yoga have been heralded for centuries for helping to sustain sexual energy and sexual desire. Meditation is also a good way to alleviate stress and improves overall health.
Still need more help re-energising your sex drive? Try these feng shui tips:
- 1. Express your desires in visual format; either in the form of a piece of art, photo or small sculpture, and place it in the northwest area of your home or in your bedroom.
- 2. Decorate your bedroom in warm colours, soft furnishings and make sure your have a comfortable bed. Clean air filled with sweet fragrances, such as ylang-ylang, sandalwood or jasmine, will increase your sexual desire, as will candlelight and sensual music.
- 3. Sweet scents and soft lighting are also a must for your bathroom. The feng shui energies of the bedroom and bathroom are connected and both promote sexual energy.