Acne on your back and other parts of your body can be painful and embarrassing. It can also wreak havoc on one's wardrobes choices, especially when the spot's in the middle of your back.
Here are six fast tips and tricks to help to come out of hiding and clear body acne for good.
1. Use a medicated body wash in the shower to clean those hard-to-reach spots. Avoid anything with benzoyl peroxide in it (unless you have severe acne) as it will strip the colour from your clothes, bath towels and sheets.
2. Diet and lack of water is most people's worst skin vice, so up the ante of fruit and vegetables and increase your water intake and the results will speak for themselves clearer skin in no time.
3. Change your bed sheets and pillows cases every second day. It's annoying, we know, but eliminating any dirt and oil coming in contact with the skin is key to clearing up spots.
4. Try not to wear skin-tight clothing. Opt for loose-fitting items and breathable cotton fabrics.
5. Acne on your body can be aggravated by exercise and sweating. After your work-outs, make sure you head for the showers immediately to wash away any nasties that may fester in your pores.
6. Avoid fake tanning on acne-prone areas until your skin is clear. Fake tan can cause blockages in your pores and aggravate the problem.
Start now and your skin will be beachalicious just in time for the warmer months.
Acne in the know: Acne can develop anywhere on the body except for the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. That is because these are the only two areas which do not have sebaceous follicles where acne is formed. True.