Glazed salmon with rice recipe
Seafood paella recipe
Sweet and sour chicken kebabs recipe
Pasta carbonara recipe
Pecan crusted baked chicken recipe
Heart healthy recipe
A healthy way to enjoy a crispy crust, this quick and easy baked chicken recipe makes a great weeknight dinner. Southern pecans provide heart healthy fats and are an excellent source of protein.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Halve chicken breasts and pound with a mallet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, cornstarch and lemon juice. Pour into a shallow dish for dipping chicken.
- In another medium bowl, combine all crust mixture ingredients.
- Dip pounded chicken in dipping mixture, and dredge in crust mixture.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place chicken in skillet, and cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, until firm to the touch and browned.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish spritzed with cooking spray. Bake chicken approximately 10 to 12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and slice each chicken breast diagonally into 4 pieces. Serve immediately.