Heart healthy recipe
No need for high fat butter or syrup with these flavorful zucchini pancakes with smoked salmon. Pair them with a tossed salad for a heart healthy brunch or light lunch.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 large zucchini, roughly grated
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill plus sprigs for garnish
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, olive oil and milk, and stir until blended. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Stir in smoked salmon, zucchini, dill and pepper (to taste).
- Coat a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on top.
- With a spatula, flip pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with nonstick cooking spray between each batch.
- Serve warm garnished with a dollop of sour cream and dill sprig.