Green tea is one of Mother Nature's wonders. It has been used for more than 4000 years in Chinese culture and medicine, to treat everything from headaches to depression. Green tea can also help to boost your immune system and combat all kinds of viruses.
The health benefits of green tea are indisputable, but how does it help you to stay slim and burn off those extra kilos? Green tea can actually help you lose and manage weight in two ways.
First, green tea works to regulate blood-sugar levels by reducing the amount of insulin the body produces. This prevents fat being stored and keeps your appetite under control.
Secondly, green tea extract results in a significant increase in energy expenditure. EGCG, the main polyphenol in green tea, is an effective thermogenic, which increases metabolism and the burning of body fat.
It's simple. Simply sip green tea with each meal. You should find that it helps to suppress your appetite, while increasing your metabolic rate.
Studies have found that drinking around four to five cups a day of green tea is ample to get the maximum benefits. Or visit your naturopath for capsules if you prefer. If you drink it as a tea, add some honey, lemon juice and ice for a refreshing summer drink.
- The diet is simple to follow and can be used in conjunction with other diet plans. It can easily fit around your eating habits.
- Studies have shown its effectiveness as a diet aid. New research continues to shed light on green tea's usefulness as a medicinal supplement.
- The health benefits of drinking green tea every day are more than just about losing weight. It boosts your immune system and can help with conditions as varied as heart disease and tooth decay.
- Weight loss is not as dramatic as with other diets, however green tea is easily combined with other diets to give your weight-loss regime a boost.
- You might not like green tea, but you can always buy the capsules, instead.
- Some dieters may have trouble sleeping as their caffeine intake is increased. If you're caffeine sensitive, don't drink it in the evening.